Looking for Fun-to-Do Art and Craft Projects That Can Be Tidied-Up After Quickly and Doesn't Cost You the Earth? Want to Keep Your Children Occupied? Do You Have Any Leftover Wool You'd Rather Use-Up Than Throw Away?
The secrets of happy children who keep themselves busy (when they could be asking you if Father Christmas is here yet), well, the 'secrets' are all around you. All around your home.
What do I mean by this? Quite simply, the next time you go to throw-out unwanted food packaging, gift tag ribbon, wool, string or even those stringy bags that hold your christmassy satsumas, stop! Think: How can I use this in an arty-crafty project with the kids?
Art and craft need not be expensive.
Did you know that one little lollipop stick could have a quick rinse and be transformed into a puppet? All you need to add is some felt cut into a half circle, make into a cone around the stick, glued on (or tied on) and add wobbly eyes and wool for hair. Check out this book for inspiration either at your library or here: How To Make Puppets
Last night at Art Club, we created some fantastic glittery Stained Glass Christmas Cards and some Angel Puppets. Oh, and a Rudolf Card. All in an hour.
|Here's Our Rudolf Christmas Card. How Cute Is He?|
Now You May Be Wondering What I meant By An Unusual Way To Use-Up Wool...
Well here's how. Copy this idea and you, too can help your kids to create some magical christmas art.
1. A4 Black card. Fold in half to make a card. Cute out a circle in the front of the card or an arch.
2. Cut-out sticky-back plastic to fit into the aperture, sticking it from the inside so the sticky bit is facing out.
3. Black wool. Press it down on to the sticky back plastic to make your design. If it helps, simply have a design you have created underneath to copy (or use a christmas design from a colouring-in book).
4. Now fill in the remaining exposed sticky backed plastic with glitter. Take care here. Glitter has a tendency to go EVERWHERE! Tell the children they only need a little bit as they can spread it around.
5. There is no step 5, other than to write inside your card! :-)
Et voila! A Sparkly Christmas card in the style of a stained glass panel.
|Lovely work guys.... As I said, Christmas is a-coming and children |
everywhere are very excited! :-D
Art CLUB has now finished for 2013 but we are back in January, 2014.
I shall keep you posted of new dates and projects coming up.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Abis-Art-Skool/383100235100485